H.E.L.O - Case Study - 300 BLK
NPA HELO SR 300 BLK 125 Grain Case Study:
Below is the NPA 300 BLK HELO SR “companion” Rifle in select fire with a 6” upper and Surefire 7.62 Mini Suppressor specifically designed for LE, when shot with NPA HELO SR ammunition the shooter has the perceived recoil of a MP5 9mm.
- a. 6" - 1 in 7 twist barrel with surefire 7.62 Mini Brake
- NPA patent pending 3 position custom adjustable direct impingement gas block
- Spikes tactical lower with select fire trigger group
- Surefire Mini 7.62 Suppressor
- Magpull stock
- RMR red dot
- Steiner DBAL
Rifle was holding a 2" group @ 100 yards from a rest ( we used a 9x optic for test )
Test FBI Denim Protocol
- Controlled Environment / 72 degrees F / Sea Level
- Test Media - Clear Ballistics gel 20% ( The 10% does not reproduce true FBI Gel, lacks density)
- Test Cartridge - HELO SR 300 BLK 125 Grain / Delayed Expansion Variant 03
- Test Firearm - Custom 300 BLK AR with 6" barrel 1/7 twist suppressed Surefire 7.62 Mini
- Velocity @ Muzzle - 1,750 FPS
- Test Range - 10'
- Penetration - 18.2"
HELO SR 300 BLK 125 grain Delayed Expansion Test Variant 3 - Note that expansion does not take place until approximately 12" into gel, this is by design. With our patented bullet we can " program" the projectile to expand at any depth after impact within soft tissue maximizing damage to a vital organ without over penetrating.
Projectile expanded 2X original diameter:
Current production is for Mil/ LE, NPA will be manufacturing a civilian defense variant in the 4th quarter under the Alchemist Brand.Coming soon: Additional products, ballistics, and specifications